Healing Resources

Photo

Explanation of This Blog

Posted by intrepidshe , 25 March 2014 · 47 views

This blog was created as a place to centrally store healing resources. There are four pages below this one:
Websites
Exercises
Articles
Books

I started this blog March 24, 2013 after realizing how many times I have seen a posting that mentions a resource but I later forget where I saw it. I always think, "I'll find that later when I ...

Photo

Websites and Online Videos

Posted by intrepidshe , in Websites 24 March 2014 · 85 views

Websites

Useful website that covered a lot of issues for a contributor:
http://www.mosac.net

This explained triggers really well and was the article that made a contributor recognise that CSA might have a direct effect on the present:
http://discovermagaz.../2003/mar/cover

This explain the issue of boundary problems really well...

Photo

Exercises

Posted by intrepidshe , in Exercises 24 March 2014 · 46 views

Healing Exercises

Recommend these to be undertaken only with the appropriate guidance (such as a licensed therapist and a physician).

Ten Statements for Dealing with Panic:
The feelings are normal bodily functions.
The feelings are not harmful.
Do not add frightening thoughts.
Describe what is happening.
Wait for fear to pas...

Photo

Articles

Posted by intrepidshe , in Articles 24 March 2014 · 54 views

Helpful articles

Please be sure you're in a safe moment and have the support you need (therapist, physician, loved ones, etc.) in case anything contained in the articles linked below might be triggering.

** also be sure you have virus software, spam software, etc. 

Briere, J. (2002). Treating adult survivors of severe chil...

Photo

Books

Posted by intrepidshe , in Books 24 March 2014 · 43 views

Books related to healing from SA.
Farmer, S. (1989). Adult children of abusive parents: A healing program for those who have been physically, sexually, or emotionally abused . Ballantine Books: New York
Forward, S., & Buck, C. (1989). Toxic parents: Overcoming their hurtful legacy and reclaiming your life. Bantam Books: New York.

September 2014

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.