Posted by beautifulblogger , 17 July 2014 · 137 views

Today, I did something for me. It was really supposed to be therapy him, but today; I think he was my support. I am always the strong one. I make him give effort, encourage him when he wants to quit, and love him when he fails.

Today, I put my money where my mouth is.

Today, in a world of silence; we connected.

Today, we went zip lining and proved our doubters wrong.

I sent that little boy to scale the 60 ft telephone pole with an "Im proud of you" and "you can do it." I waited and waited for him to fly over me, cheering his name with pride as I could see his black sneakers grace the bright blue sky. He is one of the bravest and most underestimated little boys I know. Today, he proved his doubters wrong. When it was my turn I jokingly announced to the staff that " I couldn't let an eleven year old show me up" even though I felt like I was walking to my death. He sent me to scale the 60 ft telephone pole with something to prove. I was the last to go and everyone's lunch time counted on me. As I began to scale the pole, fear and anxiety began to attack my spirit. With each rung, I pulled myself up with "this is your moment" comforting my scared soul. I told myself that I was valuable, strong, and brave. This was mine. After finally reaching the top with a few "oh shits" later, I was facing my fear. With a little self coaxing, I let go of it all. Today, I was not paralyzed with anxiety, crippled with fear, or destroyed with negative self talk.

Today, I felt amazing.

That is awesome! Good for you!

That is awesome!!!!! Good for you both!!

Jul 17 2014 09:33 PM

That was so wonderful to read!

Fantastic !!!

Jul 18 2014 07:45 PM

Thank you, everyone. 

It blows my mind how much children can teach us, but first we must be vulnerable :) 

October 2015

1112 13 14151617

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    beautifulblogger - Jul 18 2014 07:45 PM
  • Photo
    ohmy - Jul 17 2014 10:07 PM
  • Photo
    intrepidshe - Jul 17 2014 09:33 PM
  • Photo
    Lolli - Jul 17 2014 07:53 PM
  • Photo
    meltingice - Jul 17 2014 07:33 PM

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.