Mand's Blog

Photo

The Sleeping Issue

Posted by Mand , 03 March 2014 · 62 views

It seems incredible to me that so many of us have sleeping issues. Is this because of the bed? But most of my abuse did not happen in a bed. Is this because of the nightmares? Why does subconscious processing come with such intense emotion? The heart races, I am covered in sweat. There is a sour taste in my mouth. I awake with a jump. Adrenaline is coursi...

Photo

And so the pendulum swings back

Posted by Mand , 03 March 2014 · 53 views

Well. Isn't healing just the strangest thing. I have been good today. Really good. After such a fluctuating weekend. But I have realised that these abrupt changes of mood are very common for me. They just appear more heightened as my lows are so very low. Alas, yesterday, I SH'd. I felt so awful, so hateful of myself. Like I had failed, been bad. I had be...

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.