Photo

under my skin

Posted by whodatninja , 14 August 2014 · 26 views

i hate to say this, but i sometimes wonder if i was born pale, i wouldn't have as many issues compounding what i have now (despite everything else).
it's not like i hate white people. given all shit that happened to me, i have every reason to be (most of the bad people in my life were majority of the time). but i was brought up better than that (judge by character, blah). but now i'm just tired of it all. with the latest going on, the dumbasses are coming out the woodwork. i talk, tell my story, and again, i'm not heard. the system is desgined against me.
i can write all day long until my hands cramp. i can talk all day long until i'm blue in the face. i get it now. i'm insiginifcant. i do not matter. because i'm brown. because i have lady parts. because i'm poor. it don't matter how smart i am. it don't matter how hard i work. with those 3 factors against me, i am stll nothing.
it's open season out here and i'm scared. my white friends don't understand how ill at ease i am.
they can go to their comfrotable bubbles and switch the telly off and sleep well at night.
i'm not a radical. but i'm tired of accepting shit constantly from the left and right. i am somebody. afro and all.

If you're reading this...

... then you know I don't put in trigger.gif labels. Welcome inside my head. You've been warned.

November 2014

S M T W T F S
2324252627 28 29

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.