Photo

destined to suck

Posted by whodatninja , 10 July 2014 · 193 views

im sick of people giving me shit about my writing. ok i fucking suck at it apparently. they never tell me why it does or how to fix it. im never leaving the house or writing another story ever again. just pull these stupid books from circulation and burn them all. i wont even finish the series. just hide in my room and finish these video games i been meaning to finish. or maybe not at all. the whole purpose of me living this stupid life was to finish my projects. now there isnt much point to it. nobody listens or cares anyway. so i wont be missed.

If the people who are telling you that your writing suck can't explain why then I think their opinions don't count for shit. Now if someone said, you have a problem with xxxxx and that is what you should work on, then I might consider it. Otherwise it means nothing.

Photo
whodatninja
Jul 10 2014 02:56 PM
it's like pulling teeth with those clowns. because i dont wite those stupid first person love triangle vampire werewolf zombie witch elf stories my stuff sucks. im tired of struggling and being poor. im tired of being told my writing is a hobby and get a real job. i dont know what else to do. im going blind and i want these 80 books out of my system before i cant see anymore. its depressing dealing with people in general
Photo
SomebodyLoveMe
Jul 10 2014 03:11 PM

i'm sorry you're going through this. never let people make you feel like your work is inferior or stifle your self expression. all that matters is that you believe in your work, because it's yours. it's not theirs, so they have no place to criticize. it's easier said than done, but try not to let anyone bring you down. keep on writing.(:

I agree with not taking their "nos" and comments of your writing personal. One thing that I have been learning is if someone has something mean to say to you of your passion/interest such as "you cannot do it/you will fail/you suck" are jealous. I had a writing teacher tell me this. She said that it goes for everyone: strangers; friends and family. Keep on writing!! Do NOT stop ever. If you enjoy it, keep at it! Someone will see your passion and feel passionate of your writings too <3
Photo
whodatninja
Jul 10 2014 05:40 PM
thanks all. lately i've been battered by rejections that's making me seriously doubt i have talent, if any at all. i keep writing because theres nothing else for me to do. its safe for me. i used to be put away because of it and my mother banned me from writing. she got rid of everything notebooks typewriters even the word processor. i bought my laptop and keep it with me everywhere i go. i feel sane in this harsh world when i put out these stories. no one ever understands them. maybe it is nothing but scribblings of a madman after all...

If you're reading this...

... then you know I don't put in trigger.gif labels. Welcome inside my head. You've been warned.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
24 25 2627282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.