Photo

childhood

Posted by crazycatlover , 23 May 2014 · 142 views

in an attempt to help our little girl I've been trying to find things I remember from my childhood that I can still do or have around me. It's kind of weird that our little girl seems to vary in age -sometimes she's as young as 3 sometimes as old as 12. now I realize why. though she was not sexually abused on an ongoing basis my childhood was not normal. she had a lot of people giving her intensive therapy for her aspergers ,she spent many hours in the basement with them ,they taught her many things, they went to school with her, they tried to get her to behave. probably without them we wouldn't be going to college, so I am grateful for that. Yet they prevented her from having a normal childhood.she feels she prevented herself from having a normal childhood. she still feels like she is bad because she was so "bad" when we were a child..... she never really understood that her aspergers made her misbehave,that it wasn't her fault....... this is probably where our Parent evolved, to keep us from misbehaving and getting in trouble like we did so often as a child....... our parent seems to think if they didn't keep some control over us we could still misbehave like that.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
     1 2

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.