Photo

I can see the light...!

Posted by crazycatlover , in Uncategorized, about my feelings 24 February 2014 · 167 views

after three days of  intense painful emotions and several weeks of being an emotional mess in general I feel like I'm finally getting better.Like the sun is starting to shine once again after a horrible storm.I know it's not over. I've seen a fair amount of people in their 40s and 50s on this site so I'm sure I can't be that far along at 18.but I am feeling real hope ....

Many of us "old" :) folks did not start on healing or get any help until much later in life. You are doing well.

It took me 20 years to finally realize I needed help.  Since you are only 18 and already here, you are on the right track!  Congrats and Good luck!!

Yes! What the others said. I'm 40 but only confronted things 2 years ago - much better to do it earlier! I've heard it referred to as a 'spiral' of healing sometimes too - ie you go round in 'circles' and revisit things but always moving up and away from the original trauma. It certainly seems to go round in cycles rather than a straight line - so if things get harder again, it does not mean that this 'feeling better' was wrong - far from it. :metoyou:

June 2016

S M T W T F S
2627 28 2930  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.