Photo

Day 178: Part 2

Posted by intrepidshe , in Healing Work 07 June 2014 · 251 views

June 6, 2014 Intrepid Age = 107 Days:

I tried to ignore this but it is nagging at me.

I am worried about seeing my Portland Friend (PF) tomorrow. I am staying the night with them. I plan to read my f-ing mother letter to her. I don't know what will come of this. I shouldn't be afraid, but I am. Even though we have been friends for more than 25 years, this is a big step that could change that friendship. What will she think of me? How will I react? I have never been emotional in front of her. Could this harm the friendship?

My brain says no. But Little Intrepid doesn't want to risk losing PF. She has been a constant through everything. She means so much to me. I love her.

Gosh, and I need her too!

She has been a stabilizing force in my life. She has been a touchstone. She has helped me find my way when I have been lost. She has simply walked beside me no matter what crazy path I have taken.

It mystifies me. She just loves me too. Will she still if she sees how am I am now? Heaven help me I am going to find out tomorrow night.

What I imagine that it will do is make her love you all the more. I pray that this goes well. Your courage is wonderful and inspiring. :hug: I will be in your pocket, as I am sure many others here will be too.
She sounds like an amazing friend, she loves you and will walk beside you and support you again on this ....you are strong and courageous for doing this.
Photo
intrepidshe
Jun 07 2014 12:44 PM

Thanks for the support and pocket ride! I'll be leaving in a couple hours.

You will be in my heart and prayers. :hug:
I hope things are going well for you today. Your pf has shown support so far. :hug:

I hope things are going well!!!

Photo
intrepidshe
Jun 08 2014 08:05 PM

Mand, Nebula, and Lolli,

Thanks! I appreciated seeing these messages over the weekend. They were heartening and helped me keep going.

About Intrepid She

This is a moderated PUBLIC blog. This blog is a therapeutic tool I am using to help me get over my fear of doctors (which is made difficult by a history of abuse by them) to learn to grieve, and ultimately to integrate my dis-integrated heart.

View postings specific to health care.

View postings specific to touch.

View postings specific to crying.

The content of this blog is not appropriate for children or for anyone who might be triggered by reading about sexual abuse.

To the many others walking your own version of this path, I wish you well on your journey. -Intrepid

More Healing:

- Framed and Unashamed

- Yarnfoolishness' Journal

- Susanna's Blog

- What's Inside my Head?

- Healing Resources

Search My Blog

Contact Me Outside Pandys

I can be reached by email at a Gmail account based on my userid here in Pandys. I'm sure you can piece it together. I won't enter the address here because of bots that read email addresses from screens. I really don't want spam. But I wanted people outside of Pandys to be able to reach me.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26 27 282930  

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.