Photo

Day 70: Commitments to Me for the Next 24 Hours

Posted by intrepidshe , in Healing Work, Gynecology 18 February 2014 · 162 views

Feb. 18, 2014 (Countdown Part II-rewind:  18 hours to gynecologic exam):

For the next 24 hours: 
  • I will feel what I feel: afraid, proud, worried, angry, hopeful . . .
  • I will be safe, because the plan is good and I have permission to do what I need to feel safe.
  • I will exercise and eat well. (I have been doing really well with this lately.)
  • I will go to work and keep busy the first half of the day.
  • I will go home and take care of myself after the appointment.
  • I will allow tears if they come. (I kinda hope they do. And, I hope I'll even rejoice if I cry, for it will be the first time about all of this.)
  • I will not set expectations on how I 'should' respond.
  • I will allow my needs to take precedence.
  • I will get as far as I can with the appointment tomorrow and not push myself into a panic attack.
  • I will forgive myself if I do have a panic attack.
  • I will reach out for help if I need it.
  • I will not SI, or put myself in hazardous situations that risk injury.
  • I will treat myself with gentle care.
Thanks everyone! My fingers are crossed that the appointment will happen tomorrow (not be cancelled again). I will post afterward as soon as I'm feeling able.

Posted ImageFeeling the warmth of your light.

Intrepid

So wonderful, intrepid!  I'm so glad you've drawn up your own plan and have drawn it up with so much self-knowledge.  Wow, that takes a lot of great work!

Photo
yarnfoolishness
Feb 19 2014 10:46 AM
With you. :cuppa:
Photo
intrepidshe
Feb 19 2014 06:37 PM

Thanks you guys! I made it through and it was OK. I am going to write today's post about it as a letter to the doctor.

About Intrepid She

This is a moderated PUBLIC blog. This blog is a therapeutic tool I am using to help me get over my fear of doctors (which is made difficult by a history of abuse by them) to learn to grieve, and ultimately to integrate my dis-integrated heart.

View postings specific to health care.

View postings specific to touch.

View postings specific to crying.

The content of this blog is not appropriate for children or for anyone who might be triggered by reading about sexual abuse.

To the many others walking your own version of this path, I wish you well on your journey. -Intrepid

More Healing:

- Framed and Unashamed

- Yarnfoolishness' Journal

- Susanna's Blog

- What's Inside my Head?

- Healing Resources

Search My Blog

Contact Me Outside Pandys

I can be reached by email at a Gmail account based on my userid here in Pandys. I'm sure you can piece it together. I won't enter the address here because of bots that read email addresses from screens. I really don't want spam. But I wanted people outside of Pandys to be able to reach me.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
24 25 2627282930

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.