Jan. 3, 2013 (Count down: 27 days to gynecologic consultation)
- I have been truly blessed by many people in my life. Far more people have been kind, supportive, encouraging, and lots of fun than have been hurtful to me. It's got to be at least a 10,000 to 1 ratio. Although I'm struggling of late to deal with that 0.01%, I am appreciative for the 9,999 lovely souls who have brought me joy.
- I feel compelled to send out another shout-out to Pat Benatar for her song "All Fired Up." It serves as the healing response to "Hell is for Children." I often feel all fired up myself!
- Music. Music is a grace from heaven. Every day something in music reaches into and soothes my soul, making my heart soar. Music is a direct pathway to my truth, which makes me think of the song "Southern Cross" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash: "I have my ship, and all her flags are a-flying. She is all that I have left, and music is her name . . . 'Cause the truth you might be runnin' from is so small, But it's as big as the promise, the promise of a comin' day." Thank you Stephen Stills!
- I have made a great deal of progress on my big project this week. Just a few days to go and we release it. I'm very excited.
- We are exploring exciting ideas at work. We might just enter a whole new paradigm, adapting to the environment in innovative ways. It is increasingly interesting to look at possibility.