Intrepid She

Photo

Day 17 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 81 views

Dec. 27, 2013
Christmas turned out well.
Work continues to go well.
I think I’ll go to a movie this weekend.

Photo

Day 16 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 87 views

Dec. 26, 2013
I slept well last night. I think I got about 11 hours of sleep. I only woke once in the night and only briefly. I had some dreams, but nothing that scared me.
Tomorrow our original Christmas gifts should arrive. I’m looking forward to everyone’s reactions tomorrow night when we open them.
My all time favorite band is going to be...

Photo

Day 15 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 80 views

Dec. 25, 2013.
It was Christmas day today. That’s a happy thought. And, it was a very pleasant day, filled with contentment.
I started work on my next major project, which will consume about 20% of my time for the next eighteen weeks. I feel good about the plans I made and the ideas I have for this go-round. Each iteration is an improvement upon the...

Photo

Day 14 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 115 views

Dec. 24, 2013

Our gifts were lost today. They were shipped to the wrong address and the people who received them claimed they didn’t arrive. Now, I know that’s not a happy thought, not in keeping with the purpose of this exercise. But, it becomes happy.

I wasn’t surprised strangers would keep this misdirected box of Ch...

Photo

Day 13 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 85 views

I wasn't able to post happy thoughts this day.

Photo

Day 10 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 87 views

Dec. 20, 2013.

It was a roller coaster of a day, but certainly there are happy things to report:
It’s Friday! I left work on time for change. We went to the store and just enjoyed one another’s company.
I’m sitting with my favorite cat. She’s very gentle and pleasant. Soothing.
I think I made good progress today in my healin...

Photo

Day 9 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 89 views

Dec. 19, 2013

I wasn’t able to do the happy thoughts list last night because my stomach required me to spend the last part of the evening in the bathroom, after I finished my healing post last night. And, although today was fairly rough, it was OK enough that I can do this exercise.
Went to a concert last night.
Finished the Christmas shoppi...

Photo

Day 8 Happy Thoughts - no entry

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 84 views

I made no happy thoughts entry that night.

Photo

Day 7 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 93 views

Dec. 17, 2013

Today’s list of happy thoughts:
Enjoyed spending time with my kids this evening.
Reached an important landmark at work today.
It was warmer today than it has been.
Saw something this morning on my way to work that really made me smile. I can’t say here what it was, but sharing the story with others today was a lot of fun.

Photo

Day 6 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 93 views

Dec. 16, 2013

Today’s happy thoughts:
It was really beautiful here today. I wanted to spend some time outside. I should have. I should make it a priority to get sunlight an oxygen whenever possible. I do love it.
My son played a recording of his band for me. It was wonderful to listen and see how excited he is. And, there will be a concert th...

Photo

Day 4 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 114 views

Dec. 14, 2013. It was a pretty darn good day today.
We went to see “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” today. I really enjoyed it. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
Before the movie I walked the dog with my son.
I made good progress on an important project today.
Picked up some Christmas presents today.
Listened to music for a good while today...

Photo

Day 3 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 102 views

Dec. 13, 2013 Happy Things:
Watched a movie with one of my kids.
Made great progress on major projects at work today.
Finalized the Christmas shopping list.

Photo

Day 2 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 104 views

Dec. 12, 2013

One of my coping skills is for my last activity of the day to be the creation of a list of positive things from my day. Here’s todays:
I had a good work day.
I watched a TV show I enjoyed.
I picked up a prescription, which I very much needed and will help me feel better. (I ran out a week ago. I won’t go into why it took s...

Photo

Day 1 Happy Thoughts

Posted by intrepidshe , in Happy Things 01 January 2014 · 109 views

Day 1 (Dec. 11, 2013). Today’s list of things that made me smile:

The Air Force Symphony Flash Mob at the National Air and Space Museum. I felt a deep and abiding joy watching this video because I have deep and abiding love of music:

We laughed a lot at work today. I work with a wonderfu...

About Intrepid She

This is a moderated PUBLIC blog. This blog is a therapeutic tool I am using to help me get over my fear of doctors (which is made difficult by a history of abuse by them) to learn to grieve, and ultimately to integrate my dis-integrated heart.

View postings specific to health care.

View postings specific to touch.

View postings specific to crying.

The content of this blog is not appropriate for children or for anyone who might be triggered by reading about sexual abuse.

To the many others walking your own version of this path, I wish you well on your journey. -Intrepid

More Healing:

- Framed and Unashamed

- Yarnfoolishness' Journal

- Susanna's Blog

- What's Inside my Head?

- Healing Resources

Search My Blog

Contact Me Outside Pandys

I can be reached by email at a Gmail account based on my userid here in Pandys. I'm sure you can piece it together. I won't enter the address here because of bots that read email addresses from screens. I really don't want spam. But I wanted people outside of Pandys to be able to reach me.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
262728 29 30  

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.