Anxious Annie

Photo

Bothered By Comment (need thoughts on it)

Posted by anelisa , in Sexual Assault 31 July 2014 · 208 views

A guy my age from a nearby town was given 3 years of parole after pleading no contest to attempted second degree sexual assault of a 7 year old.
Since he was given such a light punishment, everyone on Facebook is talking about it. People keep talking about how they know this guy and that they know  he didn't do it. I made the point of sayi...

Photo

Calmed By My Triggerers

Posted by anelisa , in Anxiety 25 April 2014 · 162 views

Yesterday I walked into the elevator. I was alone.
Just as the doors started to close, an arm came through the door and three large (as in tall and muscular) guys came into the elevator. Immediately they started pushing one another, laughing, cursing, they even pushed one kid out of the elevator. He then forced his way back in. 
I pressed myself into...

Photo

My Mother

Posted by anelisa , in Sexual Assault, Anxiety, Family Issues 22 April 2014 · 182 views

As all of you know, April is Sexual Assault Awareness month.
Because of this, I share my video on Facebook on Friday and Saturday nights.
Today I got a message from my mom:
I'm trying to figure out a nice way to say this, but I really dont know how. I'm genuinely concerned about your mental health. way you keep reposting that stuff over and over, makes yo...

Photo

Breaking Down

Posted by anelisa , in Anxiety 15 February 2014 · 204 views

Today is the two-year anniversary of my stepmom’s death.
She was the primary mother figure in my life.
Today is an emotional day for me.

This morning my boyfriend dropped me off to spend the day with my family.
As he parked, he looked like something was on his mind. So I asked him what was bothering. He kept telling me it was nothing, but I k...

Photo

Alcohol

Posted by anelisa , in Anxiety 10 February 2014 · 309 views

When I lived with my dad, he would drink...a lot.
That's when he became most belligerent.
And because of that, the smell of alcohol makes me gag.
Living with my mom's side of the family-none of them drink. Not a drop. So I have a lot of discouragement towards alcohol.

I've never been a partier. And until a couple weeks ago, I had never tried alcoho...

Photo

Anxiety Attack 2/6/14

Posted by anelisa , in Anxiety 08 February 2014 · 262 views

For a class of mine I was instructed to watch an informational video.
My roommate has frequent migraines that are made worse by light, so I decided that I would watch this video on my laptop in my floor's lobby.
The lobby, which is usually quiet, was crawling with girls. They were laughing obnoxiously loud. They spoke loud enough that even having both ear...

Photo

I Don't Remember...Again

Posted by anelisa , 30 January 2014 · 185 views

It was in chemistry on Monday...the professor told us to get out a blank piece of paper, that we were going to be doing some sample problems.
I opened my notebook and flipped through my notes to the next page that's supposed to be clean.
There was an assignment. A whole page of work on thermodynamic reactions. 
I squinted at it. I was very confused....

Photo

A Sexual Childhood?

Posted by anelisa , in Sexual Assault 30 January 2014 · 205 views

The more I think about it, the more I feel I was an unusually sexual child.

In first grade I would space out a lot. I would have day dreams. Things would come into my mind and I was unable to control them. Images of oral sex would flash in my mind-but I didn't know what it was. I thought it was strange and wrong, but there it was in my mind....

Photo

Anxiety? 1/21/14

Posted by anelisa , in Anxiety 21 January 2014 · 212 views

I spent last night with my boyfriend. 
I slept 8 whole hours-which is unusual for me.
In the morning, I made the 2.5 hour trip back to my school.
Since I was already out and about, I figured I'd run some errands.
I got more soap/shampoo before heading to the pharmacy up here.
A couple weeks ago, I misplaced my xanax.
I thought I could tough it out an...

Photo

In Love (And It Hurts)

Posted by anelisa , 17 January 2014 · 171 views

Our relationship started out as a friendship...sort of.
He was in love with me from the start.
One day he kissed me out of nowhere, my heart skipped a beat.
Slowly, he stole my heart.
It scared me.
I don't like feeling like I need someone.
I've lashed out at him.
I've tried to push him away.
But he keeps coming back and surrounding me in love.
No matter h...

July 2016

S M T W T F S
24252627 28 2930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Twitter

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.