Photo

All we can do is keep breathing

Posted by SilverandBlue , 18 August 2014 · 138 views

Quite a fan of that song. Keep breathing by Ingrid michaelson. It could totally be T's theme song too!

Speaking of T, we had agreed to a check in this past week because I didn't have an appt till this coming week. Well I called her, left a message and she didn't answer. Two days later I texted her, wondering if she had even gotten my VM. It has happened before where she just hasn't gotten the message and I freak for nothing.
She texted me back a couple hours later saying she hasn't been checking her messages because she is still puking!
Ooh I felt so horrible! She was sick, and still replied to my slightly panicked text, knowing that I tend to panic if I don't hear anything from her when I call, text etc. She then asked today if I wanted to move my appt up to an earlier day.
She knows me too well, I need that earlier appt and she knows full well that I tend to freak, and usually let's me come in early and stay late.
😭 so I feel like such a horrible patient! I know she's better now because I asked, but still! I shall have to wholeheartedly apologize on Wednesday, she shouldn't have to worry about panicky patients when her stomach is in full blown mutiny!

In other news, I finally might be able to move out 😄 !
I got another job, and that one alone should cover rent.
I keep jumping whenever someone brushes against my back, touches me even slightly, or if there's a weird smell or sound. It's gotten worse as I've been bringing my blood sugar into better control. I just get overwhelmed and actually panic when there's a gross smell, irritating noise or if someone touches me without warning. It makes going to PT almost impossible. I almost started crying last appt because it hurt, and she was touching me. Sounds babyish, and I haven't told her the issue (she definitely noticed something was up) because it just sounds silly. But it was stressful!
I need to just lengthen my list of coping skills. It's quite short right now.....

Congrats on the new job! I completely understand about getting jumpy; that really stinks. 

I shall have to wholeheartedly apologize on Wednesday, she shouldn't have to worry about panicky patients

Don't worry about this too much. You probably were a welcome distraction.

Good luck on the new job.

August 2015

S M T W T F S
30 31     

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.