Photo

Feeling Crazy

Posted by TrueBlue , 27 November 2013 · 150 views

We have been like germ factory here and it is setting my OCD in to over drive.  We can't seem to shake the colds, coughs, sore throats and temperatures.  Now my youngest has an ear infection coming in.  I don't like being sick.  Of course no one does.  I don't like how it makes me feel and I especially don't like how it can cause me to go a bit nutty. 

My hands are cracked and bloody.  I have washed the finish and paint off of cupboards, bookshelves and my desk looks like a woodpecker has been at it.  I can't stop washing things down.  I have even caused a bit of pain to myself from washing.  My cheeks burn from scrubbing too hard and various other places are hurting too.  I wish I could tell the voices in my head to shut up.  Because of them, I had to have my oldest shave my head virtually.....I'm ashamed to admit this even to myself, that I pick my hair.  When it gets to a certain length and if I have things on my mind, I sit with a mirror and start picking hairs out. 

I try to stop myself.  I try and keep myself from doing all of these crazy things.  i have this dialogue that I am constantly running through my head, "it's ok.  You are fine.  You are clean.  Leave your hair alone.  You are bleeding.  You need to stop."  It doesn't always work.  When it doesn't....I get soo angry.

Sometimes, everything seems so impossible.  Sometimes, I feel so dang tired.  I just don't want to do this anymore.  I don't want to fight the washing and picking.  I don't want to fight stepping out of my home.  I don't want to fight social situations.  I just don't want to do it.  I just want it to stop.  Sometimes....

Other times, it is just a way of life and I don't even notice it.  It is just a part of me.  Today...I'm tired.  I don't really feel good (stupid sore throat), my hands hurt (joints and now my skin is split and bleeding), my scalp is cold, my face is burning.......Today is one of those days I hate this part of me.  But I am hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.  That I'll feel better tomorrow.

Tonight, I'm going to shut things down and maybe read....or watch a movie and lather lotion on my hands...I hate lying to my kids....but I think they know -_-

Sitting with you, TrueBlue, if its okay? I do similar things too and today was one of the bad days. But you are right, tomorrow is a different day. Please don't be ashamed. I have a constant chatter in my head. On good days, I can hear the voice saying no and try and listen. Or if its not that clear, I try and wear disposable gloves to try and save my hands. I put moisturiser inside the gloves as silly as that sounds. It gives them a little break. When I grew up, my mum never told me she had ocd, I don't think she ever has. But growing up, I didn't judge her as being odd or anything of the sort. I'm sure if your children did pick up on it, they wouldn't judge you. Hope tomorrow brings you a better day :metoyou:

May 2015

S M T W T F S
24 252627282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.