My Place

Posted by TrueBlue , 11 November 2013 · 95 views

In the light of my newly found situation, I have realized that I need a place to sort through my thoughts, feelings, and happenings.   I need a place that is safe and feels locked up and private, this is the place.
I am 43.  I am a survivor of long term abuse - both physically and mentally and emotionally.  I was finally able to put an end to the cruelty caused by my "mother" in August of this year....but it is a daily battle for me not to call her and fall back in to old routines. 
I have never been able to hide from the truths because they were always glaringly there, right in front of my face.  But I denied the fact that I was basically a orphan - since my so called "parents" were such as they were.
I never told anyone really about the abuse, because no one ever believed me and I figure it was as it was.  I think also I didn't want to be soo totally alone, even though I was alone....I have always been alone.
I am wrestling with healing.  I am trying to figure out when is one healed?  Is it possible to be healed?  I posted in the forum and were given a couple of responses that have set my mind reeling.  I think I need to define what healing is to me and what is being realistic.  I need to face the mirror so to speak and just....just go.  Just walk.
I really don't think that I'll be 100% normal, because who ever I was meant to be, whatever I was meant to be while in utero....was destroyed and crushed.  That little girl, that teenager, that woman, never was given the opportunity to face the light of day.  I must put her to rest and accept that she never existed.  I'll mourn her.  I'll mourn what could have been, what should have been...I'll mourn that.  Now, I must take what I have and be whoever I can be with the information I have.
I'm 43.  I feel like time is running out.  I'm 43.  43.  I'm 43 and a survivor of incest.  A survivor of the cruelest,evilest woman alive.  I'm 43 and have the rest of my life to create the person that I want to be.

October 2015

4567 8 910

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.