sailor's Blog

Locked Away - Memories

Posted by sailor , 04 March 2014 · 152 views

Two weeks ago I traveled to my home state for a grand jury hearing. I believe it was more of a formality... they already knew everything, they actually know more than I do, they just needed to hear it from me first hand.
I took a friend with me. We arrived at the court house and were greeted by my victim's advocate, the detective I have been workin...

Grand Jury

Posted by sailor , 08 February 2014 · 116 views

I received the most official looking piece of mail the other day.
"You are hereby commanded to appear before the grand jury as a witness...."
Yes, those first six words are even in bold type. I may be the victim, but it sounds like they consider me an untrustworthy criminal.
In two weeks I will speak to a jury of seven people. The district attorne...

Posted by sailor , 08 December 2013 · 163 views

I am a victim.
I was neglected.
This was not all done by one person.
I live with PTSD.
I have to remind myself that each statement can be left as is. I don't have to explain further. I don't have to compare my experiences to what others have gone through.
I have always m...

I Left

Posted by sailor , in Bad Marriage 01 December 2013 · 163 views

Three weeks ago, I moved out.
My husband doesn't believe he ever hurt me. Even after I told him what happened, how it left me feeling scared and intimidated, he didn't believe it. He said the 7 years before that should make up for a few moments when he lost his temper... besides, I deserved it. If I feel scared it's just because I'm too fragile....

Sensitive Signs

Posted by sailor , in Therapy 26 November 2013 · 166 views

Since starting therapy and being diagnosed with PTSD, I'm slowly learning that some "odd" behaviors I've always had may be a part of it. I told my therapist that I've always been over sensitive. We talked a little and then I started a list... 

I Don't Remember, But He Does

Posted by sailor , 13 November 2013 · 228 views

For the past 20 years, I have been in a dark place, with only enough light to see him sitting, waiting, haunting my steps. I've had one memory to draw from, where I knew he touched me, but it's hard to pin point those details.
I've lived with the feeling that what I remember was only the surface of the truth. I never thought I would have that confi...

Posted by sailor , in Bad Marriage 01 November 2013 · 237 views

I've been with my husband for 8 years, and each one has been a struggle. An internal one, that I kept very well to myself.
I didn't like who I was when I met him. I preferred his ideal of "the right woman." I shelved my baggage. I pretended to be more mature than my 19 years of neglect and abuse. I put my needs aside and focused on making him happy.
I wou...

November 2015

222324252627 28

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.