laurenbacall's Blog

Photo

Why Do I even need a counselor?

Posted by laurenbacall , 29 November 2013 · 169 views

Hi All,
I am just reminding myself why I need a counselor in my life. I have always done everything by myself and it is hard to just nip that in the bud. But I am gradually seeing the light. I do need help and support from a therapist.

Photo

Male Sexual Victimization Myths & Facts

Posted by laurenbacall , 24 November 2013 · 119 views

Male Sexual Victimization Myths & Facts
Adapted from a presentation at the 5th International Conference on Incest and Related Problems, Biel, Switzerland, August 14, 1991.

Myth  - If the perpetrator is female, the boy or adolescent should consider himself fortunate to have been initiated into heterosexual activity.

In r...

Photo

Why Does it Take So Long to Get Over a Psychopath?

Posted by laurenbacall , 13 November 2013 · 468 views

Why Does it Take So Long to Get Over a Psychopath? Relationships with psychopaths take an unusually long time to recover from. Survivors often find themselves frustrated because they haven't healed as fast as they'd like. They also end up dealing with friends & therapists who give them judgmental advice about how it's "time to move on".

Whether you...

Photo

Why do sociopaths marry?

Posted by laurenbacall , 11 November 2013 · 238 views

I decided to post this information due to it helps me to deprogram even further from the person who harmed me in college. Trauma bonds are difficult to break but not impossible. As I read why these people marry, I am for sure eyes wide open and getting more help with the breaking of the trauma bond. Yeah! And of course I am in complete shock as usual. I c...

Photo

Worthiness

Posted by laurenbacall , 10 November 2013 · 140 views

I was recently encouraging another member regards being worthwhile to receive the reward for Chatter of the Month of October. I like what I wrote to her a great deal. I decided to write the same thing to myself and absorb it. Whoo hoo!  It is such a blessing to help others.

As far as not feeling worthy,

Here is what I t...

Photo

Stages of grief from a psychopathic relationship

Posted by laurenbacall , 09 November 2013 · 1,118 views

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The traditional 5 stages of grief are: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance .
You will undoubtedly feel all of those at some point while recovering from the psychopathic relationship. But losing a psychopath i...

Photo

Emotional R*pe

Posted by laurenbacall , 07 November 2013 · 142 views

I am glad to find out what emotional r*pe is. It helps to clarify a few things for me or understand my abuser's motives. 

Emotional r*pe  can be defined as:

Emotional abuse characterized by patterned and purposeful behavior which purpose is to undermine and control the victim. It is an attack on the victim's personality rathe...

Photo

My problems with respecting authority... :(

Posted by laurenbacall , 06 November 2013 · 243 views

Hi,
Here are some wonderful quotes on authority that may give some perspective to problems with submission to authority. I, for one, have had problems with authority or submission to authority, because I did not respect the authority in my home as a child.

I was not respected, so I did not respect the authority (of my mom & dad) in my home. This quot...

Photo

Suffering....

Posted by laurenbacall , 13 October 2013 · 84 views

I must admit that I love God, but not everything makes sense (like suffering), although God is a redeemer. Therefore, My plan of action is to let God guide me to the other side of pain and suffering and then make sense of it all. There are other people who have done this and they concluded (after reasoning), "I wouldn't take nothing for my journey!" Or, "I wouldn't trade lives with anyone else!" That's all I can do.
I did read that if God lifted the free will and controlled what people do on earth, Earth would be much worse, as far as sin and destruction.
I do rely on this fact: God has power to use evil to bring out good in my life! :rainbow:

I love these two sentences:The cross is a reflection of all the evil of man. The cross is a picture of what any criminal should deserve. ==I feel deeply loved by God!== :heart:

Photo

What is self contempt?

Posted by laurenbacall , 08 October 2013 · 212 views

I just got some great insight that will help my healing and others. There is one component that I do not hear a lot about as far as healing and it is called self-contempt. The is self-directed anger at ones self for experiencing pleasure during SA, due to how the body is made with nerves. This self contempt takes the form of SI, Eating Disorders, hating o...

September 2014

S M T W T F S
1415 16 17181920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.