Photo

I think my t does really care.

Posted by angelsun , 15 February 2014 · 80 views

Struggling with many things almost sent me overboard.  I decided to call my t.  I knew he wouldn't get the message til late in the day, but perhaps, just hearing his voice was all I needed.  I have never called him although he has told me to do so anytime.  I guess I just don't want to sound like a freak on the phone to him.  I left him a message and felt immensely stupid for doing so.  What will he think when he hears it?  Hell, I don't even remember what I said.  He called me that evening but I was at work and couldn't answer.  But I knew that was a sign he got the message and he cared.  He left me a message, a comforting, caring message that helped.  He clearly noted that "he understands" how I am feeling and that I only need him to understand. Nobody else needs to understand this.  He is the one to help me thru this and he will talk more about this in our next session.  

He brought me some calmness, he gave me hope and trust in him.  He gave me enough to make it thru until our next session.  I hope to be able to open up more to him.  He is showing me such kindness and support that I should be able to trust him with this.  

Photo
SilverandBlue
Feb 15 2014 10:41 AM

Oh that is so awesome! Having a caring T makes a huge difference, I'm glad you have found one :)

Good for you Angelsun! That was a big step for you, I believe, to reach out like that. I'm so happy for you to have such a wonderful T. Finding such an amazing T is a a good sign about your healing journey. Lots of best wishes!

Thanks both of you!  He did help.  I think I was just so frustrated that my husband doesn't understand! And that is fine, I think I am ok with it, but he needs to not make any comments to me either about this.  It is just too upsetting.  I can do it without him.  

July 2014

S M T W T F S
27 28 293031  

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.