Photo

Body memories are controlling my life

Posted by panda.xoxo , in PTSD Progress 28 September 2013 · 84 views

Off I go for another shower. I can't stop the body memories. Just yesterday I used up an entire bar of soap in one shower and still felt his grossness all over me... all through my body... I just want a friend to come into my room and sit on my bed and hold me until I cry or fall asleep. I just need to be safe... I feel so disgusting and I just feel him all over me... Whatever I did to deserve this, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry... just make it stop... Please...

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Photo
laurenbacall
Sep 28 2013 02:17 PM
I am sorry that it happened to you. I am on the verge of tears as I read what you have wrote due to I am aware I will feel as you do when I start therapy. I can't think of anything more gross than being touched against my will. I hate the thought of it. I have tried to soothe some of the thought of the rapist 19 touching me... by exfoliating with a exfoliation wash cloth with lots and lots of soap on it. It has helped me feel soothed. I also have used armomatherapy oils to try and disinfect myself all over. I like eucalyptus, and thyme oil! I think of these methods as an ad·junct or a thing added to something else (or my SA recovery or therapy) as a supplementary rather than an essential part. Nevertheless, it makes me feel better...even if it is a temporary feeling. I like this method ...opposed to actually hurting myself or something like that. Take gentle care. I know this will lessen for you as you process the body memories and heal simultaneously or at the same time.
Thank you so much for your comment <3 I have not tried aromatherapy oils... it sounds like a really good idea though, because most of the time I just want to scrub all my skin off. Trying to learn to be gentle with myself. Take care friend <3 <3

August 2014

S M T W T F S
17181920 21 2223

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.