Photo

Forth entry: Consequences

Posted by Quiet.girl , 16 September 2013 · 84 views

Consequences are the outcome of an action, or a string of actions.
CSA had several consequences in my life. From the time I was seven to fourteen most of my life is a blur and what I do remember feels more fictional than true. When I say something happened when I was little it mostly means six and under. At seven my innocence was taken away, I was no longer "little". During that time frame I was bullied, somewhat emotionally abused, and my family was broken. I couldn't tell about SA. I slipped further and further into depression, scocial anxiety, self-harm, and repression. I'm selectively mute at this point. It's not CSA that caused all of this but it was certainly a huge contributor. I used to cry everyday when I was 8-11 and wish I could go back to _______ (the town I lived in when I was six and under) I now realize its not that I wanted to physically go there but I wanted to go back to before the abuse.
My life can never go back to the same way it was when I was five; however, with some efforts maybe it will get better. Maybe someday I will be "better" per say. I think my next post will be about defining better. Better is a really sucky goal because you cannot measure progress on it very well. How do you know when you reach better? I think I'll be posting this question on a forum because I don't have the answer.

May 2015

S M T W T F S
345 6 789

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.