Photo

memories

Posted by number5of9 , 13 September 2013 · 49 views

i cant believe it has been almost 20 years since i was attacked by someone i should've trusted. while i was in the hospital after giving birth to my son, i gazed down at his face and kept thinking i will never let anyone harm him the way i was. i have heard what has been happening to this man, and karma has caught up to him. he cant walk and can barely talk. shortly after it happened i buried the memories deep down as a way to protect myself, but when i turned 17, i started reliving those horrible days of my childhood. i didn't go to therapy until after i confided in my dad about what had happened. of course, he reacted like i hope any father would, he wanted to kill that man, but i told him it wasn't worth it, that he wasn't worth it. my father passed away a short time later and that was when i started going to speak to a therapist about all the things that went wrong in my life. i will eventually express what happened to me at another time but for now the memories remain alive, but they will not control me or my feelings.

i am just grateful that i now have a wonderful fiance and a beautiful son.

August 2014

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.