TinaL's Blog

Photo

Meltdown in the supermarket

Posted by TinaL , 27 September 2013 · 82 views

Got all dressed up to go and do our normal Saturday morning grocery shopping at Coles. I was feeling fine, just a 'normal' day.

While my lovely partner and I were walking around the shop, ticking off the grocery list, and depositing grocery items in the trolley....I hit my open toed sandle on the hard wheel of the trolley. Ouch!

No big dea...

Photo

Should we break through the veil of silence?

Posted by TinaL , 17 September 2013 · 93 views

While at work today, I found out that a lady I work with was also molested by her father. She told me that she was only 10/11 when it happened. (like me) She is now 42, a mother of two lovely girls and an accomplished scientist.

She found the courage to tell her brother what had happened. She told him quite a few years ago. Her motivation was very...

Photo

No Statute of Limitations

Posted by TinaL , 05 September 2013 · 135 views

There is no statute of limitations to revealing sexual abuse.

I was 11 years old when I was molested by my father. My step sister was also molested.

I am 46 year old now. I didn't confront my father until I was 45. It took 34 years to finally tell the truth of what this man is capable of.

I lived with the pain of this memory (amongst others) and...

September 2014

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.