Photo

The new pill

Posted by ArtPrintFreak , 14 August 2013 · 55 views

Still on the hunt for an antidepressant cocktail that will work at normalizing my life. I started with effexor xr, a SNRI in January and have been steadily increasing my dosage, only to find its inhibiting a normal sleep schedule, causing mood swings, anxiety, irritability, and only slightly improved my depression. Friday the doctors added a mood stabilizer, seraquel, into the mix, which hopefully will help get me back on a normal sleep schedule and help with the mood swings and anger.

I took it for the first time last night and did find it much easier to get to sleep. This morning it was hard to get out of bed, but it always is. Considering I have just smoked my last cigarette (unemployed) I'm kind of considering going back to bed already, and I've only been up a few hours.

I guess I will see where the day takes me.

Damn..... I wish I had a cigarette....

Photo
SomebodyLoveMe
Aug 14 2013 05:03 PM
i know exactly what you're going through and i'm so sorry that you have to go through this. i've been going through this horrible routine for eight years. doctors say it's trial and error, but that made me feel like a lab rat. it's a very long, very discouraging process, but hang in there. trust me, you're not alone.
Photo
ArtPrintFreak
Aug 14 2013 05:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear you've been going through all this too, hopefully you find something that works. I can relate to feeling like a lab rat, except I've only been doing this for a little over half a year now. I hope you find your cure, SomebodyLoveMe, wether it's in medicine or a passion in life.

September 2014

S M T W T F S
  1 23456

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.