Confirmations of a Dream

Photo

Faith

Posted by confirmations , 16 December 2013 · 81 views

Found out yesterday that my abuser who kept me away from church and wouldn't allow me to go because he was "too smart" for it (and I wasn't going anywhere he wasn't going), and who said if God did exist he was a cruel bastard and that he was better than God because he would never allow so much suffering... Apparently he is going to start preaching soon in...

Photo

A poem written to myself concerning self-esteem and self-nurturing in the midst of abuse

Posted by confirmations , 13 August 2013 · 70 views

Little girl, so broken, wounded.
Have you forgotten what you know?
You know you're strong
You know you're beautiful
You know the sunrise follows after the dark
You know its coming
In just a little while
But time creeps ever slowly
If you're the one who's waiting for the pain to go away, just wait.

I'll brush the hair from your face,
h...

Photo

Les Miserables' "I dreamed a dream". Warning trigger possibility

Posted by confirmations , 13 August 2013 · 64 views

Don't they know they're making love to one already dead?

There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong
I dreamed a dream in times gone by
When hope was high
And life worth livin...

Photo

Some Clarifying Images

Posted by confirmations , 13 August 2013 · 61 views

In my search for myself and to make sense of what has happened to me, I have found some psychological models/graphs/images which have helped me.

http://jamesfive19.c...olenceWheel.jpg
The wheel of power and control. It's... crazy/amazing/overwhelming/eye-opening/sad... can't really find one word to capture what I want...

November 2014

S M T W T F S
1617181920 21 22

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.