Photo

Rant

Posted by Megan52689 , 28 July 2013 · 67 views

This is just a rant. I am so frustrated with my boyfriend.
1. He says I have to see a therapist like ASAP. First, I feel like that's my decision. Second, if I decide to go, ill go when I am ready. I don't appreciate him holding our relationship over my head as leverage.
2. It's a Sunday night and he's been out drinking with his friends. My boyfriend is 31. He does this ridiculous running group where they just get really wasted every week. I wish he didn't because. Most of these people are crazy; they drink all the time and make horrible decisions. Besides, he's an adult but he's acting like a 21 year old frat boy . We're just so different. I don't know if he will grow out of this insane partying stage. Is it ridiculous that it's becoming a major deal breaker for
Me?
The thing is, my r--- happened at a party. I only had one drink but still. And then, when I was younger, my dad was a pothead and drank a lot. I wasn't allowed over there because of it. But my
Mom was also a heavy drinker. She was always passed out drunk when I was a kid. To top that off, I've been struggling with alcohol lately. He has asked (more like told) me To stop drinking. I don't think it's fair for him to ask me that and keep going out and partying.
I don't know how to confront him about it. Anytime I try to talk to him about not drinking as much or whatever, he says I'm acting crazy. Maybe I am but I feel like he's being a hypocrit. And if he thinks I shouldn't drink, I think he should be supportive and join me. But his friends always seem to come first.
Don't get me wrong - I love his main group of friends. I hate his drunk running friends. They do drugs and mostly, they have completely different values than me. So I am beginning to wonder if he does too.

So anyway he went to his running group at 3. It's 11 pm now. I didn't see him yesterday because he was out with his friends too. He said he'd be home at 6, then it was 10, and now it's 12 because "there was a pool." I'm just not sure if this is what I want in a relationship. I don't want to have to force him to be responsible, not to drink, etc. there are guys out there who don't do that stuff. Problem is I do love him. I just don't know if it's something I can live with.

June 2016

S M T W T F S
192021222324 25

Recent Entries

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.