Photo

Moving on and staying busy

Posted by radarlove , 19 March 2014 · 78 views

I've found that one of the best ways to move on from some difficult and stressful situation is to be as busy as possible so that you don't even have time to think about it and remember every detail.

I've been doing a pretty good job at that despite not being employed.  Since I've graduated from school I've taken on various non-paid production jobs to build experience and add to my resume.  

My most recent offer was to be the production designer on a short film about gay marriage.  I loved the script.  I loved the directors vision and was very excited to be involved.  Another gig came along though, that overlaps with the production dates, but this one is PAID.  I have to take the paid job even though I am not excited about the script at all.  It's hyper masculine and full of violence.

That's how it goes sometimes though.  You gotta go with the flow and trust that things will work out to your overall vision.  Plus, I'm just grateful to be getting paid for my work!  You have to make sacrifices and see the bigger picture.

As Albert Einstein said, "life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving."  Stay busy, stay balanced. 

December 2014

S M T W T F S
21 222324252627

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.