Photo

decision made

Posted by bluebutterfly , 10 April 2014 · 119 views

So I've been reflecting for the last couple of days….and have decided that yes, I want to talk directly about the abuse with my therapist.  I do need to revisit the trauma.  When I made that decision, I felt better.  Like I've been fighting and fighting for months and getting pulled deeper into a black pit.  And all my efforts to return to my life are just not working.  So I just surrendered--said that okay, I was going to let the memories come up again.  Some part of me needs to be heard and I will suffer enormously until I let it speak.  
As soon as I felt that surrender, I felt better.  I have that sense of being young--of being nine, the age when the abuse occurred.  I don't really know exactly what she went through, because I don't remember most of the abuse.  But clearly she has more to say.  

Take good care of you.

Photo
yarnfoolishness
Apr 11 2014 01:24 PM

:cuppa:

Photo
bluebutterfly
Apr 11 2014 01:56 PM

Thank you so much bellachai and yarn foolishness.  Support from other survivors means so much to me.  

Many healing thoughts to both of you.  

September 2015

S M T W T F S
  123 4 5

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.