Photo

new therapist

Posted by bluebutterfly , 27 February 2014 · 113 views

I had my first session with a new therapist today and I am happy to say that she was great.  I was comfortable right away talking to her, which I did not feel with the first therapist I tried.  I'm feeling motivation for the first time in a while--we agreed that my goal before I see her again next week would be to send my manuscript to my writing group.  I will send a timer for 20 minutes, review the manuscript, and then email it to the group.

She said that in emerging from depression any step forward you take is important because it helps your brain to shift gears and think of itself as a "doing" brain.  

She has expertise in trauma therapy and I told her that while I don't know that I specifically feel the need to work on the trauma at this point, I do feel that there are trauma-related issues that I need to work on.  And also since I haven't had therapy since 2009 I feel the need to process what has happened in my healing journey since then.

I am feeling hopeful for the first time in a while.  

That's so good to hear.  I'm glad things are looking more positive for you.

Photo
bluebutterfly
Feb 27 2014 06:23 PM

Thank you so much, Allegro.  Hope things are okay for you too and sending you lots of good thoughts.  

August 2015

S M T W T F S
2 345678

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.