Photo

feeling better

Posted by bluebutterfly , 29 January 2014 · 132 views

I'm doing better….the Celexa is finally working.  Also I've been connecting socially more and that's helped a lot.  I met with some of my writer friends on Sunday and we're going to form a small workshopping group, which I'm really happy about.  Through the severe depression of the last few months, I haven't been writing and feel like I need support to get back to my project.  

Whenever I emerge from a severe depressive episode, I feel overwhelmed because I've let so many things slide for months.  I've also gone months without making any major decisions.  It's hard to break things down into small steps and come up with a plan for  getting back on track.  

I considered going to visit my sister again, but I decided to take a vacation by myself at the beach instead.  That will give me a chance to clear my head, regroup and visualize where I want to be.  And then set goals and plan out my year.  

The connections with friends lately have felt very nourishing--I was feeling very alone in NYC and feel much better now.  I still haven't heard from my closest friend in NYC and I feel betrayed by her.  Still, if there are friends who want to be around me and who nurture me with their presence, why worry about someone who makes me feel rejected?

I haven't seen my boyfriend either since I returned.  One of the things I wanted to decided during my solo retreat at the beach is if I want to end to that relationship. I'm still confused about my feelings for him and feel the need to reground.  

The severity of this depressive episode really frightened me.  The Celexa has been making me sleepy during the day, but it's such a relief to feel okay that I don't mind.  

Glad to hear you are feeling better.  I know how hard it can be coming out of depression.  It's amazing how much stuff just piles up.  I hope you continue to take care of yourself. 

Photo
bluebutterfly
Feb 02 2014 07:51 PM

Thank you so much for your support, nebulas.  Sending you good wishes.  

April 2015

S M T W T F S
121314151617 18

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.