Photo

easing back into life at home

Posted by bluebutterfly , 28 December 2013 · 126 views

Back home.  I feel pretty alone back here--I became very socially isolated in the months that I was depressed.  I knew that my first two weeks back home would be the hardest--once the holidays are over I can make an appointment with the new therapist and also start the process of reconnecting with people.  I'm not contacting my boyfriend--I haven't seen him in a month because I was so upset about his relapses with drug use.  Since I've only lived in NYC for two years, I don't have the kind of close friends I had in San Francisco yet.  
However, my mood seems to be stable still--though I miss my sister, I'm enjoying being back in NYC.  I went to the gym today and unpacked.  I'm feeling hopeful and am focused on self-care.  

May 2015

S M T W T F S
3 4 56789

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.