Photo

S.O.S.

Posted by blueboots21 , 07 July 2013 · 203 views

So...my mom said awhile back that she wasn't going to tell me to talk to my adopted-father (abuser). BUTTTT...this morning, she said that she couldn't get him off wanting to talk to me and that she wanted me to just talk to him. Hmmm, talking in circles much? Oh and she told me how when he was first arrested, she tried to cut him off completely, tried to talk to someone about everything she was going through...and how she went through 3 weeks of depression. How as soon as she wrote a nice letter, saying how she was going to help him turn towards God, everything got better for her. I told this all to a good friend of mine, who said, Oh well I'm glad she only had to suffer for 3 weeks. 3 weeks vs. 3 years....hmmmm....One of the other big topics she got onto, trying to convince me to talk to him, was that it was my Christian duty to help him. Okay, so I'm 18 and haven't been to church that much but come on...even I know that's not how it works. Why do my parents insist on MANIPULATING me and trying to GUILT me? My friend told me that I just need to lay low and keep my mouth shut....

June 2016

S M T W T F S
26 27 282930  

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.