Orchid's Blog

Photo

Do we hurt others?

Posted by Orchid , 19 March 2014 · 229 views

One of the issues that abuse left me struggling with is how an abuser never stopped to consider how their actions would hurt the victim.  People will lie, cheat, steal, rape, or kill to fulfill their own needs. 

On a daily basis I watch people do very harmful things in small subtle ways in their relationships.  I watch men lie t...

Photo

Dreams

Posted by Orchid , 13 March 2014 · 128 views

Dreams hitting hard recently.  A shift is occuring, a new layer to be uncovered.  These periods are tough, but take me closer to the core of my pain.  I ride the wave of pain, embracing it, knowing I will come out stronger and wiser.  Fatigue and privacy are my biggest challenges.  Courage and perseverance I have.  I am a war...

Photo

PTSD

Posted by Orchid , 27 February 2014 · 233 views

One of my favorite resources for PTSD. I have several of her guided imagery CD's that do help.

Photo

Frustrated at spouse's mental health

Posted by Orchid , 02 December 2013 · 214 views

I am an abuse victim, and it took years to overcome the abuse.  That being said I am frustrated at my spouse who was also abused but has some mental health challenges.  I wish my spouse would stop hiding and just dive into every issue, ripping apart each problem one by one until they can rebuild who they are into a person that is more...

Photo

This voice that heals is within. The strength to keep going is within

Posted by Orchid , 08 October 2013 · 124 views

This is an oldie, but can be so true.

The voice within by Christina Aquilera

Photo

Linear Healing

Posted by Orchid , 26 September 2013 · 136 views

Linear Healing:

There are those people who are so lacking in understanding they believe there is a linear path to healing.

I want to clarify!

There is no such thing! I want to repeat what I just said. There is no such thing as linear healing. Progressing forward only at a steady pace with no lows, or drops, really isn't how healing works...

Photo

Conversion Disorder

Posted by Orchid , 25 September 2013 · 136 views

I posted a few questions about Conversion disorder in one of the forums, but would like to know if anyone has ever dealt with this, were you provided with education of how and why it happens, and were you treated with respect?

Any feedback would be great. I work in healthcare, and I'm seeing this more and more, but I'm not sure everyone is getti...

Photo

Good Morning

Posted by Orchid , 23 September 2013 · 141 views

Good Morning Everyone.

I hope todays journey brings peace, strength, hope, rest, support, anything it is that you need in this moment. Reach out for assistance where you can. We have survived by ourselves for so long, we tend to forget we no longer have to do so. We can call a hotline, a friend, a counselor, or come to Pandoras.

Many blessings and T...

Photo

Castro

Posted by Orchid , 02 August 2013 · 113 views

As all the news of Castro is circling around the U.S. I couldn't help but think how to be kidnapped, held hostage and abused has similarities of those of us who grew up in abuse. Our parents, or blood relatives took us away from safety (kidnapped). Our dependancy and fear kept us silent (held hostage). And our abuse was either once or lasted until w...

Photo

choices

Posted by Orchid , 26 July 2013 · 216 views

I hear very often people make statements of judgement about where a person is in their life...If they struggle with drugs, alcohol, sex, self harm, addictions, etc. People often say "Well they made those choices". I have a problem with that statement. The reason why is so many times humans coming from trauma are taught they can't make choice...

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.