Photo

PTSD

Posted by Orchid , 27 February 2014 · 97 views

One of my favorite resources for PTSD. I have several of her guided imagery CD's that do help.

Watch all of the series if you can.  This is the first of 6 or 7

Photo
seasaltsally
Feb 27 2014 06:11 PM

Thank you!!

Oh my goodness!  That is exactly how I feel.  I actually had many of the situations she described.  Bad car accident in 1988, traumatic birth, my son was 3 months early in 1990 and violent rape in 1994. Sister killed in car accident in 2003. Disassociated is exactly how I feel.      

Can you possibly recount what it was you posted in the comment section. What is her name?  The display is not visible to me. Thanks so much !!

The name of the counselor is Belleruth Naparstek. 

You can google her name and it will take you to her HealthJourneys website.

The following link on Youtube is the first Episode of 7 episodes that speaks about PTSD.  I was given this name a few years back by my therapist.  I have several of the guided imagery CD's, all of which have been wonderful as new events in life occur.  I'll have to say, of all the resources I have, this is one of the best for PTSD.  The video's will explain how it reaches the part of the brain that other techniques will not.  HealthJourneys is an EXCELLENT resource on other issues as well.

I hope each of you have good results.  If you follow the suggestions of listening to it 5 plus times a week for a few weeks it is amazing.  I love it so much I just one of her helpful sleep CD's every night.

Good luck, and may peace be with you on your journey's

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_PgmATF2suE

August 2014

S M T W T F S
      1 2

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.