Orchid's Blog

Photo

Conversion Disorder

Posted by Orchid , 25 September 2013 · 73 views

I posted a few questions about Conversion disorder in one of the forums, but would like to know if anyone has ever dealt with this, were you provided with education of how and why it happens, and were you treated with respect?

Any feedback would be great. I work in healthcare, and I'm seeing this more and more, but I'm not sure everyone is getti...

Photo

Good Morning

Posted by Orchid , 23 September 2013 · 74 views

Good Morning Everyone.

I hope todays journey brings peace, strength, hope, rest, support, anything it is that you need in this moment. Reach out for assistance where you can. We have survived by ourselves for so long, we tend to forget we no longer have to do so. We can call a hotline, a friend, a counselor, or come to Pandoras.

Many blessings and T...

Photo

Castro

Posted by Orchid , 02 August 2013 · 52 views

As all the news of Castro is circling around the U.S. I couldn't help but think how to be kidnapped, held hostage and abused has similarities of those of us who grew up in abuse. Our parents, or blood relatives took us away from safety (kidnapped). Our dependancy and fear kept us silent (held hostage). And our abuse was either once or lasted until w...

Photo

choices

Posted by Orchid , 26 July 2013 · 108 views

I hear very often people make statements of judgement about where a person is in their life...If they struggle with drugs, alcohol, sex, self harm, addictions, etc. People often say "Well they made those choices". I have a problem with that statement. The reason why is so many times humans coming from trauma are taught they can't make choice...

Photo

Expectations

Posted by Orchid , 12 July 2013 · 50 views

You would think that as much as all of us have been through, none of us would have expectations of humans. The problem is I still do. I expect people to behave and react according to my beliefs, and behaviors. People rarely measure up to this standard so I'm faced with grief. Grief of needs not being met even when verbalized. Grief of disappointm...

Photo

Music and food

Posted by Orchid , 11 July 2013 · 52 views

Grapes, cheese, and Violin Concerto this a.m. These little moments of how good life can taste and feel is what balances out some of the difficult challenges of pain and growth. Lot's of fresh water to flush out toxins, and a massage appointment this afternoon. Love these days of healthy self care and support.

Photo

Today is going to be rough

Posted by Orchid , 08 July 2013 · 51 views

So...YEARS ago I faced my abuse head on. I deleted everything and everyone from my life that wasn't healthy for ME. I started a new life, found peace and happiness. I built a small home, was raising my daughter and took care of myself. I lived like this for a few years. I dated, but I was looking for someone opposite than my previous relationships...

Photo

Making a change

Posted by Orchid , 02 July 2013 · 54 views

I'm at that point in life where changes are happening at a rapid pace, but at the same time it feels like forever before I'm through this particual cycle of change. My body is so tired, but every time there is pain and change there is growth. I wish I had a magic glass that I could see where my choices and this change leads me so I could know wh...

Photo

I thought neurology could be beat

Posted by Orchid , 19 June 2013 · 50 views

I've been on a mission. The mission was to find every tiny detail of how my body was harmed. I realized the brain is more complicated than I wanted to admit. I realized that it's not like a broke bone with one simple break that will heal. No the brain has so many layers, areas, neurons, and pathways that abuse can break us in the most shatterin...

Photo

Living in two worlds simultaneously

Posted by Orchid , 19 June 2013 · 52 views

O.k. I've been through I think most of the stages addressing sexual abuse and health several times........I went through the blocking, the facing, the coping, the changing my life, suppressing/denying, improving............over and over and over.

In the past couple of years I added outside of the western box healing methods to the standard methods of...

July 2014

S M T W T F S
272829 30 31  

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.