Photo

So I did it

Posted by Ineloquent , 18 May 2013 · 56 views

I finally admitted to my mum today that I felt like the world was going to crash around me if I kept going on like I was. I asked if it would be OK to move home, maybe take a year out, and try and sort myself out. Get counselling. Look at my options for the next year.

Her reply? "You do not need to ask to come back home. It is your home for as long as you want it and I will support you in any way I can xx" I got this just as I'd gone out to get some milk, so it was a little embarrassing that my eyes were welling up in the middle of the shop.

We haven't spoken properly about what I'm going to do exactly, which is why as far as everyone else is concerned, I'm still applying for postgraduate study. I think I'm going to keep the application in for the moment since it's not impossible I may be able to defer for a year.

I just need to time to gather myself and heal. This is being made so much easier knowing that I've got my mum there for me if and when I need her.

February 2016

S M T W T F S
7 8 910111213

Recent Entries

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.