The Healing Journey

Photo

"No matter how dark the moment......"

Posted by Sedona59 , 12 May 2013 · 78 views

Everyone once in awhile I will hear or read a quote that strikes me and I have to write it down and then go look who said it.

"No matter how dark the moment...love and hope is always possible." - George Chakiris

This quote really struck a chord with me...in a positive way. I feel like this could be a mantra for surviving through life's cu...

Photo

Today is just another day

Posted by Sedona59 , 12 May 2013 · 60 views

When I was younger, I just took whatever holiday that came along and did what "society" expected of me as it expects all of us to do: Buy the heart shaped cookies, decorate eggs, drink green beer, put up our flag, watch the fireworks, buy the candy, eat the turkey, put up the decorations and buy presents, right? As I got older, I searched for the...

Photo

What works for one may not work for another

Posted by Sedona59 , 11 May 2013 · 56 views

We are all different and we all walk our own path on this healing journey. No two people will approach it from the same direction and no two people will reach the various stages at the same time. When you are ready, you will be ready. There are all kinds of therapies out there and what has worked for me may not work for the next person and that's okay...

Photo

Own It

Posted by Sedona59 , 11 May 2013 · 80 views

I suppose that's my new phrase these days after speaking to my therapists about writing a letter to my daughter's in-laws and also one to my ex's wife. "Own it" for me means to embrace it, to self accept what you are doing fully and completely and in my case, it means for me to completely own the words that I will write in those letter...

May 2013

S M T W T F S

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.