Juliet's Hope

Photo

The Real Amazing Johnny

Posted by Julie.T , 30 April 2013 · 32 views

I don’t even know what Johnny was before, but he was not Amazing Johnny. And I know who Amazing Johnny is. He is extremely selfish. Amazing Johnny’s interests will always come first. He does not go out of his way for anyone if there is nothing in it for him. He truly cares nothing for other people.

Amazing Johnny is extremely narcissistic. He actually r...

Photo

Amazing Johnny’s Parents—The Apple Doesn’t Fall Far From the Tree

Posted by Julie.T , 29 April 2013 · 27 views

I flew back home after the conference. The next week, Amazing Johnny bought two $250 front row tickets to a Foo Fighters concert and charged them to our credit card. When I called him to ask about them, he said Mike was having trouble with his credit card and Amazing Johnny came to the rescue as a thank you for letting him stay in Mike’s guest room....

Photo

Amazing Johnny Decides to Attend the Same Conference as Me

Posted by Julie.T , 29 April 2013 · 28 views

Life goes on, and I had to keep working. So I made plans to travel to the next conference for work. Amazing Johnny decided he was going too! He decided to stay in the same hotel as me. It was a big city, so I didn’t think much of it. The night I arrived, Amazing Johnny showed up at my door. Not surprisingly, we argued. He got upset, and I apologized....

Photo

Amazing Johnny Goes Doctor Shopping

Posted by Julie.T , 28 April 2013 · 25 views

While in DC, Amazing Johnny did whatever it took to get Xanax and prescription pain killers. He kept complaining about an imaginary knee injury (multiple MRIs and x-rays confirmed it was normal—I paid all the bills, remember?). Amazing Johnny told me one doctor had said he thought Amazing Johnny was drug seeking and addicted to pain pills and refused to...

Photo

Amazing Johnny Doesn’t Fight For Us

Posted by Julie.T , 28 April 2013 · 25 views

Eventually I told my parents about the verbal and emotional abuse that I had suffered with Amazing Johnny. I still can’t tell them about the sexual abuse. I told them about his affairs. Separately, I asked them if I should divorce him. I was surprised when both of my parents simply said that I was the only one who could make that decision. Neither one of...

Photo

My Husband Isn’t Coming Back, Is He?

Posted by Julie.T , 23 April 2013 · 25 views

After Amazing Johnny left, I sent him pictures of Cat #2 every day since he always asked how that cat was doing. He never asked how I was doing. I would ask him when he was coming home. He never knew. I dutifully packed and shipped three huge boxes of things he requested. It soon dawned on me that while I had been sleeping curled up on my side on the edg...

Photo

Amazing Johnny Rides Off Into the Sunset

Posted by Julie.T , 22 April 2013 · 20 views

A few weeks later Amazing Johnny came to the house one evening. He told me he had to go to DC to “save his job ”. I tried asking questions because he had never given any indication it was in jeopardy, but he was vague and evasive. He said he had already called his friend Mike and Mike said he could stay for two weeks. A year later Mike and I were talking...

Photo

Amazing Johnny is Mentally Unbalanced

Posted by Julie.T , 22 April 2013 · 20 views

While my husband decided I wasn’t even worthy of basic rights and respect, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. It terrified me. I did my best to juggle work, my nightmare at home, and going to doctor’s appointments with her. I would cry in my car on my long commute home. Tears would just stream down my face as I tried to calm myself down so I cou...

Photo

Amazing Johnny the Monster

Posted by Julie.T , 19 April 2013 · 16 views

<Trigger Warning>

I already had been reluctant to be intimate with him for months, but now I couldn’t bear the thought of being intimate with him. It didn’t matter. Every night he was taking Xanax and drinking. He told me that when he signed our marriage papers, it meant he could only have sex with me. He also told me over and over again that I...

Photo

Amazing Johnny the Drug Addict

Posted by Julie.T , 19 April 2013 · 24 views

I was angry at the affair, but I was so ashamed at how he was treating me. I hid it from everyone. And I had begun to fear him. Johnny began to add prescription pain killers to the mix of alcohol and Xanax. His behavior spiraled out of control. He made me jump through hoops just to control me, saying it would make him happy. He would insist I plan outing...

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.