Photo

What I need you to know

Posted by Juditha , 28 May 2013 · 96 views

I need you to know that me minimizing part of my experience doesn't make it less bad or painful. I need you to know that me trying to deny part of my experience doesn't make it less true or painful. I need you to know that despite me saying I'm not sure, I am sure, I'm just afraid to believe it, because it just hurts too much. I need you to know that I need you to believe me, till I can believe myself and dare to believe myself. I need you to know that I need you every day to tell me it is not my fault and that I'm not worthless. I need you to tell me that till I believe it. I need you to tell me it is ok to not be ok and that you will be there for me. I need you to be there when I start crying, because I feel so worthless. I need you to be there when I feel like the day is too overwhelming. I need you to be there whenever I need you. I need you to tell me that you will be there. So that I dare to come to you when I need to. And I need you to know that I will need you a lot, even when I don't ask, because most of the times I will just be too scared to ask...

I hear you!!! I want you to know you are not alone, it is not your fault and you are not worthless. Is there someone in particular you want to hear this message from yourself or is it a message to yourself. You need to be there for yourself. You need to take good care of you because you are worth it.

I am a good listener.

March 2015

S M T W T F S
29 30 31    

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.