Now I see fire
Inside the mountains
I see fire
Burning the trees
I see fire
Hollowing souls
I see fire
Blood in the breeze

I see fire. It has been burning inside me for so many years. But I couldn't fight it. Didn't know how. I wasn't ready. I wasn't strong enough. I used to cover my eyes. Could feel the heat upon my skin but didn't see the fire.

Now I see fire. Burning down the lives of so many survivors. Their dreams. Their hopes. Their happiness.
Now I see fire. Inside our hearts. Destructive. Consuming. Hollowing souls. Blood in the breeze.

Now I can see fire. And now I want to fight it. Not just for myself. I can and want to fight it for you. For us. It's time. It's time to stop covering my eyes while my people are screaming out. I can hear their silent screams. So It's time. It's time for a new journey. A journey to help each other heal. To break the silence. To fight for justice. So many roads - one journey. Make a choice. Decide which road you want to take. And join me on my journey. Fight with me. For yourself. For me. For us. We can tame the fire. We can stop it from getting too close to our hearts and souls. We can stop the flames from climbing too high into our lives.

If this is to end in fire.
Then we should all burn together

And if we should die tonight
Then we should all die together

If we should die tonight, then we should die knowing we're brave and strong enough to face the fire. Knowing we're fighters. And we fight for each other.

This is really powerful. Thanks for sharing.

And if we should burn, then let us burn together, and if we should die, then let it not be alone. And if we should live, then let it be forever, and if we should give, then let it be without discrimination, without limit,

and if we should love, then let it be ,let it burn, fire, not some flowerscented whishy washy sepia toned coffee table love, let it be with our guts and our blood and our bone.

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.