Photo

I Love The Weekends

Posted by eliseinwonderland , 21 January 2013 · 42 views

I love the solitude and peace they offer, and this weekend is three days so there's even more to go around!

If anything positive came out of all of this (which I'm always SO hesitant to say) it's that I spend more time at home with my family. Last year I was out and about as much as I could be, purposefully limiting my amount of time at home. Now home is where I feel safe and I have learned to understand that my parents and sisters love and support me in a way that no one else can, and in a way that I realize I was craving.

I also get time to write and reflect, play my guitar and decorate, all things that bring me a great deal of peace. It's not that I don't think about what happened, it just gives me time to rationally organize my thoughts, whereas at school I have to constantly map my way around the school in order to avoid the boys, and avoid the mean stares of others who believe whatever story they told them.

I have time to Skype with my boyfriend (long-distance, he's in college) and he is always incredibly supportive. Whether we are doing homework together, watching a movie or talking about the hard stuff he always puts me first, and I cannot explain how much I needed that or how much it means to me.

The weekends give me time to prepare for the week ahead without having to think about things too much. Like I said, I love the peace the weekends offer, and for now I'll relax with a cup of tea and focus on that peace.

May 2016

S M T W T F S
222324 25 262728

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.