Dasein's Blog

Photo

need advice: how to cope with nightmares

Posted by Dasein , 27 December 2012 · 22 views

i had another nightmare about him. this is the second week in a row where he has come into my dreams. the first dream was about him trying to come and find me and me being terrified about him being able to locate me. my dream today was about me confronting him on the telephone and then seeing his face in a restaurant that i use to work at during the time...

Photo

Numbness towards my predator.

Posted by Dasein , 27 December 2012 · 28 views

Is it normal to feel completely numb toward my rapist? I guess it feels odd for me because he was a childhood friend i knew for about 10 years. whenever i think of him and what he did to me, i cant muster or feel any emotions. No hate, anger, sadness, etc. I think of him and i feel absolutely nothing, yet I find myself terrified of him ever coming to find...

Photo

Numb and alone.

Posted by Dasein , 21 December 2012 · 26 views

Ever since school has been out, it has forced me to mentally cope with my rape more frequently because my mind is not as occupied. As a result, i have been feeling very self concious,insecure,and worst of all i started to have nightmares about him coming to look for me. Today I couldnt even get out of bed until 3 this afternoon. I just havent been able to...

Photo

Numb and alone.

Posted by Dasein , 21 December 2012 · 11 views

Ever since school has been out, it has forced me to mentally cope with my rape more frequently because my mind is not as occupied. As a result, i have been feeling very self concious,insecure,and worst of all i started to have nightmares about him coming to look for me. Today I couldnt even get out of bed until 3 this afternoon. I just havent been able to...

Photo

How do you tell loved ones what has happened to you?

Posted by Dasein , 02 December 2012 · 45 views

I was drugged and raped about 4/5 years ago by my best friend from childhood. It has taken me this long to recognize and address the fact that I have been raped and its so painful and im so full of emotions but at the same time I also feel very numb at times. For years and years I was in denial, confusion, and most improtantly self blame which is why I ne...

December 2014

S M T W T F S
21222324 25 2627

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.