One Day at a Time

Photo

her 2 people

Posted by one.day. , 29 November 2013 · 79 views

And there she lay, blissful and unaware. Snapped into a time lapse. Nothing in her mind. No remainders. No pressures. No anything. A blacked out blur. Limitless. Sleep. But she just needs to hold on. The morning will come. The hangover. The pretence of normality. A chosen pain which deserves no empathy. The hurt in her head. A thousand daggers piercing h...

Photo

stop.

Posted by one.day. , 28 November 2013 · 118 views

He hates me. He is actually looking at me with disgust. No, he looking straight beyond me, like I'm nothing. Because I am nothing. He shakes me, he's screaming at me. Just stop. Stop, please. He throws things across the floor. I beg. I plead. Don't do this. The cupboard doors are flung open. The items abandoned on the floor. There is smashing glass, a blu...

Photo

life lessons

Posted by one.day. , 24 November 2013 · 86 views

Wasn't sure where to post this but thought it was quite uplifting:

I thought may adding to it would be a cool idea...

42 Lessons Life Taught Me
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short enjoy it...
4. Your jo...

Photo

Fallen leaves

Posted by one.day. , 24 November 2013 · 64 views

Where I grew up, there was a story but I'm uncertain how much I've remembered through time. I know that the leaves were awoken by Awelon - the wind. Her breeze the pathway for spirits to show themselves through the leaves.

I hear you're voice carried by the wind. You are with me. I feel the cold air whip around me. Taking my breath away. I know you are...

Photo

Self inflicted

Posted by one.day. , 23 November 2013 · 59 views

Lying on the floor clinging on to reality. Stationary but the entire room revolves with you. A diagonal perspective on a spinning axis. Your bones ache, your mind lost, your eyes fighting. The humming noise of metallic clashing, droning constantly. You daren't move, you don't want to, all that matters right now is being still. To forget the pains in your...

Photo

one more glass

Posted by one.day. , 22 November 2013 · 95 views

When everything is so bright, you don't see the panic cord. Its all a haze. Unnatural. Colours darting, edges fading, vibrancy everywhere. Opposite colours blending, merging, amelorating into something new, something explosive. A deadly mix of what ifs and should of beens, dancing around another empty glass. Try as hard, drink as much, take as many - the...

Photo

Its not even December

Posted by one.day. , 22 November 2013 · 154 views

:trigger:s a little. I always feel nervous at Christmas time and today I just feel to triggered by it all. Its too soon.

It starting to look a lot like Christmas here. I know it should be a celebration but I feel awful, I tend to dread it like some sort of Scrouge. Its a time when I realise how much I miss those who have passed away or moved on. There's...

Photo

afterlife or chance?

Posted by one.day. , 17 November 2013 · 70 views

I don't fully believe in an after life. Maybe because I'm so confused. I don't want to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I do. But I'd like to think, there is something more out there. Today, I've walked through shops and heard this song. It was on at work. Then again in my car.

I remember a certain song stuck on repeat by the same band. Over and over. Wh...

Photo

Please stop (t)

Posted by one.day. , 16 November 2013 · 177 views

The fuzzy feeling in your head. You know you've had too much. The pretence of confidence, the rush of no going back, illusion of companionship, the forgotten past, the forgotten present. Believing in the moment, blissfully unaware, no awareness of the dangers, no need to panic. Running overtime, having no limits, letting the guilt be covered, assuming a...

Photo

Talking to myself.

Posted by one.day. , 15 November 2013 · 153 views

I know you were once that girl who was never seen, who needed help and who still hasn't got away.

:trigger:
You tried your best. You kept them safe too. You fed and clothed each other. You saw the brutality of your step father's fist, his belt, the furniture, the books, the lack of food and warmth and survived.

You survived his taunts, the photographs...

November 2013

S M T W T F S

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.