One Day at a Time

Photo

TRIGGER

Posted by one.day. , 19 July 2014 · 66 views

Very heavy triggers :trigger:

Struggling with reoccuring memory

Swear and slight mention of drugs

TRIGGERS

They've come to His house again. Fishing haul is over. My brother is shut outside in the Bunker. He already had the belt and one of His friends 'accidentally' went the toilet on him. We hid some food in there when He went away to work. Its just...

Photo

Little Bottle *T*

Posted by one.day. , 16 July 2014 · 95 views

So appetizing, so beautiful, so close; that little whiskey bottle sits. The honey glow, the sweet warmth, hiding in that little bottle. Tempting, provoking, sneering; little bottle. Just a sip, one small taste, after all its only a little bottle. Heart thumping, pulse racing, tongue tied, mouth frozen; little bottle on my mind.

Maybe its blaming a bottl...

Photo

You.

Posted by one.day. , 15 July 2014 · 61 views

Please, don't talk me down anymore. I know what I am without you telling me. I hate you so much for what you have done but I long for you to love me, accept me. I want your motherly affection. I wish you would congratulate me on getting this far, I wish you would treat me like I exist, I wish you wouldn't tell me that I lie. That I shouldn't be here. I do...

Photo

It

Posted by one.day. , 04 July 2014 · 48 views

It It clings inside my chest. Heavy. Decay and suffocation. Constricting flow. Weighs and scrapes the organs, wanting to escape. Germinating and spreading. Clambering. It is full of deceit, lies and shame. My regrets. I feed it. I culture it. Inoculate the growth. It is darkness and destruction. It has a voice and it can reason. It longs and yearns for som...

Photo

Sleep

Posted by one.day. , 20 June 2014 · 55 views

I can't sleep but I need to, I long to. Chapped raw hands, smell of bleach, the same ritual on repeat. It won't let me sleep. I itch, I ache, I hunger to just do it over again. One little thing wasn't quite right, now the whole thing needs to start again. But why? It even hurts to start a sentence with but - just because I was taught it to be wrong. Silly...

Photo

Trouble Coping

Posted by one.day. , 18 June 2014 · 57 views

Sorry I keep changing my mind about this.
Triggers.

Make it stop.
Please.
Cold hard floor. The snow is coming.
Tiny bones shaking. Don't get noticed or the belt will strike. Knees grazed, welts seeping, swollen pain. Terror. Acceptance. Hatred. Starving stomachs, dirty faces, defeated eyes. Dragged and taunted. Kicked and beat. Why didn't you stop there?...

Photo

Answers from my sister

Posted by one.day. , 14 June 2014 · 55 views

*Trigger, su mention*

Tell me, how do dreams works?
They're just stories in our head.
No, they're real too.

Tell me again, what are wishes?
They're things we really really want and if we think really really hard they come true.
No. Wishes don't come true.
How do you know?
We are still here.

Please tell me one more time, why are we alone?
Sweetie, we're...

Photo

*t* memories

Posted by one.day. , 07 April 2014 · 79 views

His fist is raised and I am caught. He has his boot on my tummy. I try to crawl away but he's too strong. Its so painful. I see my sister, she is shaking. I hope she isn't poorly again. It scares me more. She doesn't look like my sister. I know I need to be strong like she is for me. But I can't. She tells me to do what he says. It keeps him happy. We can...

Photo

then and now.

Posted by one.day. , 03 April 2014 · 84 views

When I was scared, you would tell me to count the stars. One by one I would try and add them up. You would tell me I missed one. So I'd start all over again, frustrated. You always took the fear away. But now I'm older, I know there isn't an answer and the same fear creeps back. There is only me counting those stars. How will I know if I missed one?

Whe...

Photo

*Trigger* You should have been precious

Posted by one.day. , 29 March 2014 · 86 views

High Triggers, take gentle care.
Needed to tell someone.

He looks at you. Its not affection, its a reminder of your past. A smug satisfaction that you are nothing. The metallic gleam of your reflection as he holds his favourite taunt. You finally thought things were looking up for you. You survived. You felt the kick in your stomach. A burst of life and...

December 2014

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.