Photo

My thoughts on teen suicides.

Posted by RJhasCresties , 11 October 2012 · 52 views

People need to remember that we are still kids.

One comment feels like a punch to the gut. One shove feels like a push off a cliff. One insult makes you feel less than human. All it takes is one person to say "You are better off dead." and honestly, that is all that it takes.

If your friends say something mean to someone else, stop it. You need to show that person that you understand they are human.

I understand that women also need to value themselves and know what to do and what they are worth, but we are kids. Why can't any of us remember. We are not 20 or 30. Stop forcing yourself to grow up. Its not time. Let your mind grow. Don't take everything so serious. Its going to be ok.

If we allowed ourselves to be the children that we are, I bet that things like this would become less common.

This is beautiful, RJ. A good friend of mine committed suicide when I was in HS, and I always thought he had not given himself enough time for whatever was wrong to dissipate. Hish school often felt like it was going to last forever, but it really didn't.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.