Photo

Permanence

Posted by BR26 , 23 September 2012 · 20 views

It has been four years. Four years and still tick tocking away in this state of permanent remembrance. Though I feel much less like a ship wavering to and fro on the sea, there is still this permanence. For me, I have not only permanence of mind, but a physical reminder that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. It is one thing to have the memories of what transpired, but to be afflicted of health every day from this point on is seemingly provoking of despair when I focus on it; especially since he will never pay for anything he has done though we dared to try. Justice does not prevail. But life goes on. Life goes on and I know that I have this day. I know that I do not want to feel despair on this day nor on any other day that I may have going forward. This is what I hold on to. I hold on to the living. The sunshine, the way the leaves change colors and the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon wafting on the fall breeze. I hold on to the prospect that maybe I will make a difference in at least one person's life. I know I already have. I know that this is what I must continue to do. If life is not lived for me, than it is lived for at least one other. And another. And another.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
24 25 2627282930

Recent Entries

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.