Photo

Strength.

Posted by Kaity , 28 March 2013 · 47 views

How to save a life.
Step 6.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

This next month is going to require more strength than I have ever had. I face so many horrible anniversaries and know I will have to dig deep to fight through. It will be 7 years since I lost my grandma, 6 years since I lost a close friend, 3 years since I lost another close friend, 2 years since I lost two close friends, and the first anniversary of my assault will occur on the 21st.

I hate this month, I really do. Every year I seem to face some sort of horrible event and I feel as if I should just lock myself inside and never face the outside world. Just from the fear that something else bad will happen. I don't know what I did to deserve this April curse but I am hoping that by keeping my head up I will finally end this bad streak of events.

If you are struggling this month as well, do me a favor and fight as hard as you can. Seeing the strength within someone else is the motivation I need and the best form of support out there. Let's find strength together.

Hi kaity,

It sounds as though you really do have alot happening this month. It's great you are keeping a positive attitued throughout the hard times. I agree about finding strength together :). I hope come and get support here as often as you need it Kaity.

Hannah
x

July 2016

S M T W T F S
24252627 28 2930

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.