How to save a life.

Photo

Finding the good within myself.

Posted by Kaity , 22 May 2013 · 35 views

For how many insecurities I have, today I feel pretty confident. In this moment I am going to take advantage and make a list of things I like about myself. I know it will not be easy, but next time I struggle I plan to use this list to help me remember I'm a good person.

1. I have a nice smile.
2. I think I have nice hair.
3. I'm nice. :)
4. I th...

Photo

You can overcome anything.

Posted by Kaity , 21 May 2013 · 22 views

I was reading a blog that listed some things you may face in your 20's and how to deal with them. While I didn't agree with them all, this particular part struck a cord with me.

"You are capable of handling situations you couldn’t have possibly imagined. Fathers will disown you. The love of your life will sleep with someone else. The person w...

Photo

Cry.

Posted by Kaity , 09 April 2013 · 33 views

How to save a life.
Step 8.

"The prettiest smile hides the deepest secrets, the prettiest eyes have cried the most tears, and the kindest hearts have felt the most pain."

I'm crying tonight, like I seem to do a lot of nights. I'm not ashamed of my tears though, I feel stronger than ever after I cry.

Just have to remind myself that cr...

Photo

Treat yourself!

Posted by Kaity , 30 March 2013 · 35 views

How to save a life.
Step 7.

Since pay day has finally came I found myself with enough extra money to treat myself to a mani-pedi. I didn't expect anything other than the nail treatment but what I got was worth so much more than the money I spent.

The woman who did my nails was 7 months pregnant and just radiating happiness. She spoke broken English...

Photo

Strength.

Posted by Kaity , 28 March 2013 · 29 views

How to save a life.
Step 6.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

This next month is going to require more strength than I have ever had. I face so many horrible anniversaries and know I will have to dig deep to fight through. It will be 7 years since I lost my gran...

Photo

How to answer this difficult question?

Posted by Kaity , 20 January 2013 · 35 views

Possible trigger warning.

Today I was talking to a friend who lost her virginity recently. Her story was perfection and frankly I was jealous because mine was a nightmare. She doesn't know what happened to me, so she asked me if I was still a virgin.

I haven't actually been faced with answering this question since my incident. My attacker took m...

Photo

Searching for a little hope.

Posted by Kaity , 21 October 2012 · 20 views

I haven't posted a blog in a while. Partially because I was busy moving, starting classes again, and starting my new job and partially because I haven't felt motivated to even save my own life.

Some of you know already, but for the majority of you that don't, I recently had a close friend drown. I guess it's almost been a month now, I can...

Photo

Smile.

Posted by Kaity , 22 August 2012 · 23 views

How to save a life.
Step 5.

Been a rough few days. It's now been 4 months since that night and my mind has been crowded with horrid memories and flashbacks. I keep telling myself I'm okay and I'm too strong to let this ruin me but man, is it hard. I've been trying to pick a word each day to help me through the day and allow me to grow bu...

Photo

Imagine.

Posted by Kaity , 20 August 2012 · 29 views

How to save a life.
Step 4.

If you could imagine a perfect world, what would it be? Where would you be, what would you do?

My world would have only love, there would be no broken hearts or sad tears. I would be happy, living in a small town with a large family and the best man to call my husband. I'd have many many friends and we'd always laugh...

Photo

Breathe.

Posted by Kaity , 19 August 2012 · 62 views

How to save a life.
Step 3.

You are alive.

Sometimes I feel dead inside and there doesn't seem to be a reason to go on. When I have those thoughts I keep this in mind:

"Having a rough day? Place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That's called purpose. You're alive for a reason, don't give up."

Acknowledge the strength with...

March 2015

S M T W T F S
29 3031    

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.