Photo

Starting off.

Posted by ptsdthrowmeaway , 25 September 2012 · 3 views

I see my psychiatrist every two weeks. We've been trying since the beginning of summer to find a good balance of meds. The semester started a month or so ago and he's still adding new prescriptions. Of course every session involves a series of questions about how I've been since the last appointment. It seems like at the end of the week, I can't even remember what I did on Monday, let alone what happened the week before.

The things that bother me aren't flashbacks or nightmares or anything. What I call my "anxiety" is composed of chills that shake my body, even in a hot room, a dirty, cringing feeling in my sexual areas, and emotional sensitivity like heartache which isn't normal for me.

Like today, I started a fight with my boyfriend and walked away to a forest area where I could cry and no one would see me. I fought with him because I was overly sensitive about some of the things he said, and when I walked away it made it worse. After we talked about it and made up, everything felt better.

Then while I was trying to study, I kept getting distracted by chills and that creepy feeling in my "lady parts". At one point I was shaking so bad that it felt like my body was vibrating. That's when I took my anxiety pill and I think it helped a little.

I'm trying to start keeping track of these little things. I jotted some stuff down in my daily planner, and I made this blog so maybe I can update it throughout the day, maybe even record what times I take my meds.

All I have for my notes today is what I said above, and that my fight with my fiance brought up a conversation about my assertiveness. That's important because that's something my therapist keeps bringing up. I think the fight had a positive outcome despite how emotionally draining it was.

I think that's all for today.

~~~

Well it's almost midnight. I still have a ton of engineering homework to do. I haven't even been slacking, I've been studying since I got home! Well I took a ”study aid” to help me stay up and finish this shit. I hope it doesn't interfere with my medication. I keep getting the chills and cringes when my fiance isn't in the room. Ugh, I better make it to class tomorrow. I'm not doing all this work for nothing.

:metoyou: Take good care of you.

Blessings

July 2014

S M T W T F S
20212223 24 2526

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    Wednesday.
    acceptingme - Oct 11 2012 06:37 PM
  • Photo
    Tuesday.
    MaybeJoleisa - Oct 09 2012 06:18 PM
  • Photo
    Monday.
    MissHannah - Oct 08 2012 04:32 PM
  • Photo
    Thursday.
    MissHannah - Oct 04 2012 10:25 PM
  • Photo
    Tuesday.
    Irishleo - Oct 02 2012 04:05 PM

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.