Photo

Can't keep female friends

Posted by ptsdthrowmeaway , 17 September 2012 · 26 views

I'm sorry again for not responding to everyone's comments- i'm putting all my effort into school today, but right now my head is kinda in a mess.

I got a call from one of my female former coworkers. Not a big deal, but I was never that close to this girl and she always considered us friends for some reason.

Another girl who I used to be friends with is also back on the island. This is the girl I almost told about my SA, which would have been the first time telling anyone other than my fiance, but I chickened out. We did shrooms with her and her bf, I ended up pissing off my fiance, and in the midst of a heavy trip this girl asked me why I was with him. This offended me even though she apologized later. I just kind of broke off contact with her after that. Then she left, and now she's back trying to get in touch with me.

So the girl who just called me left a message suggesting we three all hang out. I don't particularly want to hang out with these two, or really consider myself friends with them, but I don't want to be up front with them and hurt their feelings.

I've recently been repairing my friendship with a different girl. This girl is super awkward and nerdy like I am, so she's kind of easy to chill with. The thing is, I even avoid her sometimes. Like I won't text her back or answer her calls. I don't want to be mean but sometimes I just don't have the energy to be social.

So i'm probably the rudest person in the world and I don't know why. I find it easier to hang out with and talk to guys than girls, even though I was assaulted. I wonder if it's because of that girl's role in my assault? Maybe because she used friendship to trick me... Anyways, I don't hate these girls or anything, I just felt weird after I got that call. Distracted me from studying, I thought it would help to write this out. Thanks for listening <3

I know what you mean by how sometimes it's easier to be friends with men. I think one of the good aspects of having make friends is that they usually don't play the amount of mind games that female friends can. (though if you're dating a guy there are even more games, just not in a platonic situation) Men tend to be much more straightforward in my opinion.
Photo
ptsdthrowmeaway
Sep 18 2012 08:34 PM

I know what you mean by how sometimes it's easier to be friends with men. I think one of the good aspects of having make friends is that they usually don't play the amount of mind games that female friends can. (though if you're dating a guy there are even more games, just not in a platonic situation) Men tend to be much more straightforward in my opinion.

Exactly! My major is in a male dominated field and I've always preferred working with guys than girls. One of the reasons is because girls are more sensitive. If my male friend is doing something wrong during a lab, I'm less scared to say something than if it was a female friend xD

I've also noticed how some girls tend to feed off each other... I know I'm a little mentally unstable (crazy.), and I used to have friends who were other unstable girls. Looking back I realized we just fed each others' craziness.

Those kinds of girls are the ones I usually ended up being friends with... I guess I'm drawn to other girls who are "damaged" in some way. I'm not very good at figuring out who I can trust, so I think it's best to keep my friends at a safe distance for now.

Thanks for listening to me ramble :]

August 2014

S M T W T F S
24252627 28 2930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.