Photo

Deserve?

Posted by ptsdthrowmeaway , 12 September 2012 · 35 views

I was reading through someone else's posts earlier. Sometimes I do that, read other people's stories. I think I do it so I don't feel as alone. Or maybe to look for ” clues” to put my story together. Or maybe i'm just a sick voyeur.

Anyways, I was reading this user's posts. A lot of her posts had been deleted because they triggered her or made her dissociate. Suddenly I felt this surge of anger towards myself.

YOU DON'T BELONG HERE.

I have no triggers. No flashbacks or nightmares. There's nothing left to deal with.

How could you even compare yourself to these girls? They are here for real reasons. They really need help. You don't need help. Your brain is taking care of that, keeping that black hole to protect you. You've already said everything there is to say. You can't suffer from something that isn't there. You don't deserve to be here like these girls do.

All I do is bitch and complain, and create new problems for myself and my fiance. I know i'm allowed to feel hurt for what happened to me, but I think i've already felt all the pain i'm allowed to feel by now. There is nothing else for me to do, I suppose I should accept my past and just get over it...

Your not alone, neither of us deserve to be here.

I feel the same way that you do. But, It makes me feel better knowin that I'm not the only one being an intrusion here.

Everyone has good days and bad days, and the best part about it is, no one here cares if you have flash backs or deserve to be here or if your totally fine all together.

This is for survivors and supporters. Any one who is affected by rape. You were affected by it. If you cant suffer from something that isnt there, then why does it sound like your suffering? Dont be afraid to feel hurt or sad, because all of those things are normal, with noooo time limit. There are some people on this site who have been out of the abuse and living happy lives for yeeeaaaaarrs and years and years, but they still have their bad days.

So when your having a bad day, please talk to us, because there are thousands of other people who feel the exact same way that you do, and reading your message, makes them realize that they arent alone.

Like me for example.

I'm here if you ever need to talk. or if you dont because your doing good. Pandy's will always be here at all stages of healing. That's what this place is all about. :)

P.S. I'm really happy that you came here, because it shows me that I'm not alone.
Photo
shatteredAli
Sep 16 2012 09:01 PM
Oh no. If you don't have triggers or nightmares that doesn't mean that you are not in pain. That you have not suffered a trauma. Maybe you are just not showing it outwardly. Maybe its just around the corner. Do not let someone elses trauma keep you from seeking help and support for yours no matter how small you may think it is.

I am happy that you are here too. You belong here. You deserve support.

July 2016

S M T W T F S
2425 26 27282930

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.